Sunday, December 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies


I've never made these cookies before. I was really excited to make them because I love making cookies, and they looked pretty easy to make. And they were! I mainly made these because my neighbors bring over fudge every year, and we never know what to give them in return (besides shoveling their driveway) so I made these! My parents were pretty sad that I gave most of them away because they loved them, so I'll definitely make these again. I only adapted the recipe a little bit, but next time I might use chocolate nutella instead of peanut butter. Either way would probably be really good(:


Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
recipe adapted from Joy of Baking

Ingredients
1/2 cup light butter, room temperature
3/4 cup Jiff omega 3 peanut butter
1/3 cup Splenda brown sugar
1/3 cup organic sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons soy milk
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Coating:
1/3 cup organic sugar

Garnish:
48 milk chocolate Kisses, unwrapped

Directions
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.

In medium bowl with electric mixer, beat the butter. Add peanut butter and sugars and beat until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine. Beat in the milk. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. And to the peanut butter mixture and beat until Incorporated. Cover and chill the batter for about an hour, or until firm enough to roll into balls.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in center of oven.

Roll the batter into 1 tablespoon round balls. Place the organic sugar in a shallow bowl and roll each ball in the sugar. Place on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.

Bake the cooking for about 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned. Immediately upon removing the cookies from the oven, place a chocolate Kiss in the center of each cookie, pressing down until the cookie just starts to crack. Cool completely on wire rack, then put in a sealed container.

Makes about 2 dozen big cookies, or 4 dozen small cookies



12 comments:

  1. I love the striped ones! Lovely baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa.. those look awesome! So pretty. Peanut butter and chocolate were made for eachother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look pretty with the striped Hugs Kisses on them. I haven't made cookies like that in a long time. Did you like those Kisses on the cookies better than plain milk chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these cookies! My mom makes them every year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! My mom used to make these for us all the time, but I've never tried them with the striped kisses. So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cookies look lovely and really delicious! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. These do look really good and you can't go wrong with nutella :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. PB blossoms have been my favorite to make and eat since I started making cookies when I was little. It's a Christmas tradition! Yours look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these have at least two things going for them--they're attractive and delicious. very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum!! I've been meaning to make these for a while now. Love the striped kisses, I bet they give a really awesome taste beyond the normal chocolate kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cookies look lovely! I bet they were delicious--love the striped kisses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how beautiful!!

    I hadn't check this blog in a while and you are an absolutely ASTOUNDING BAKER!!! WOW!

    Everything looks delicious!

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete