Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes


These cupcakes, were probably the best cupcakes I've ever had/made. As soon as I saw the recipe, I knew that I had to make it. They were worth all the hard work! You have to make the cookie dough, freeze it for about 3 hours, make the yellow cupcakes from scratch or use a mix, put them in the oven, and then make the frosting. I was skeptical at first because I thought the whole thing would be pretty doughy, but it was perfect the day after they were made. I'll for sure be making these again, I ate one everyday for breakfast until they were gone(:


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
recipe from All Recipes

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips

1 box yellow cake mix plus ingredients to prepare mix or yellow cupcakes from scratch

Directions
Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside. Beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add 1 egg and the vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Mix in the flour mixture until just Incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips; Mixing just enough to evenly combine. Form the dough into tablespoon sized balls; Place on baking sheet and freeze until solid, about 2 1/2-3 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.

Beat 3 eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer to break up. Add the cake mix, water, and canola oil; Continue beating for 2 minutes on medium speed. Spoon into the prepare cupcake liners, filling each 2/3 full. Place a frozen cookie dough ball on top of the center of each cupcake, and smooth down to the bottom, covering the dough ball with batter.

Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake portion of the cupcake (not the dough ball) comes clean, about 15-18 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on wire rack.

Makes 11 cupcakes

Creamy Chocolate Frosting
recipe from All Recipes

Ingredients
2 3/4 cup powdered sugar
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
6 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
In a medium bowl, sift together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder, and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth, then gradually beat in sugar mixture alternately with evaporated milk. Blend in vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. If necessary, adjust consistency with more milk and sugar.



8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the cookie dough cupcakes. I put buttercream or my Milky Way Cupcake Icing on them. These are amazing cupcakes and you sound like me when you say you ate one everyday for breakfast until they were gone. I often do stuff like that. I will eat a slice of cheesecake for breakfast, lunch, and a snack each day until gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle these cookie dough cupcakes look delicious! well done! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look SO GOOD! Cookie dough anything is my kinda treat!! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cupcakes for breakfast?! Yes, please! I like how you think. :)
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowo love the combo and looks so cute and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving these!!!!!!! DELISH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the swirl on top. I too would have thought it would be doughy inside but I guess the heat reaches the cookie dough and bakes it after all. Are the cookie dough chunks in the cupcake soft or crunchy after baking?

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look ridiculously delicious!! I love ANYTHING cookie dough!!!

    ReplyDelete