Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sugar Cookie Bars


Aren't they cute? They're sugar cookies in bar form. Well.. kind of. They taste almost like cake and like a cookie at the same time. I put less sugar in them because the frosting is very sugary and the whole thing tastes amazing! I made these for my 8 and 10 year old cousins and they had a blast decorating them with me. If you want a treat little kids will love, this is the one to make!
Sugar cookie bars
adapted from what megan's making
Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. line a 9 x 13 baking pan with aluminum foil. spray with cooking spray
In large bowl with electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
In separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to wet mixture until just combined. Press into prepared pan.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and lift bars out using aluminum foil. Cool completely on wire rack before frosting.
Buttercream Frosting:
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 tablespoons heavy cream
Food coloring

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the bad pictures! More recipes and good pictures will be coming soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog. Food and fashion. I love the concept. Thx for checking out my blog, I'm looking fwd to your posts and recipes. Tia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked these! I've actually never made them, as they were a guest post on my blog. They sound really good though :)

    ReplyDelete